...

Thursday, May 19, 2011

When Did You first Teach Someone Else Yoga?

Just like the ass that I am...I did it at first as if I were playing Simon says...it turned into two large full grown men splayed out on a friends living room floor. It was 1990 and I'd met a husband of a travelling yoga teacher. He described this awesome sounding career, and he was so proud of her...you rarely see a strong cool man truly in love so that moment stuck with me...a seed was planted...so there I was that same week trying my hand...I got as far as floor series and at some point they both looked so cute and funny I couldn't stop laughing. I only had visuals of postures so I can't imagine all I said to get em down like that....oh ya, I forgot, important factor of youthful beauty....whatever it takes to help people take the step...but too often yoga classes have students for the worst superficial reasons....

I just sprained my foot walking....try explaining that to some hot young leggy former gymnast yoga teacher...people come...they have their little gatherings...and hold each other hostage for support....fake hatha period....

No comments:

Post a Comment