...

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yoga MRI

Forgive me if I get overly dramatic here, but I happened to catch a glimpse of my feet's impression in my towel this morning and it threw me for a loop. Guess which side knee surgery lost body parts? I dont know maybe its just the towel and any minor movement while doing pranayama? The story it tells! Such insight into what's going on or not going on inside. Now as I look at the photo about 12 hours later its as if I can feel what Im seeing. It's like an MRI and an xray and a finely printed work of art. In an instant I can see how Im favoring one side or the other. Right leg seems sad and overworked, while right foot appears to be as calm as lake placid...(have not been but Im guessing is usually calm(?)

Not simply "yoga" but a strong yoga practice is as thorough as any medicine. I used to make it a point to go to classes with my favorite teachers. It just seemed practical and made class easier somehow. But when I see whole classes moving together as fragile flocks of birdies, who barely go twice a month anyway, suddenly not showing up for the substitute...I realize why I have never seen any yoga class in my life ever come close to the effectiveness of Bikram. When the favorite teachers arent available it's still great. Even when it's bad it's great. As long as the bad teacher doesnt torture us for more than the alloted 90 anyway...

My body has really been hurting somewhat as of late, not sure why.  I only feel good on some days practicing-as if it's my respirator. The heater my artificial life support. Ive found myself doing a lot of "mickeymouse stuff" as Bikram calls it. "Take it easy baby" therapy on my own is the cure for whatever ails you tho. Damn this stuff is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment