...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yoga and Singing

Singing is like the weight lifting of breathing. It can be show offy and it can be hypnotic, but it's the easiest tool for touching in with breath, I believe this is why Bikram incorporates music. He appears to be creating a schtick at times, to make us laugh, again laughter being the heavyweight of breathing....Ive dropped the ball on my yoga, but when 've let them rob me of singing? Forces me to remember where I can still be in control. I have been so depressed these past few months Ive gotten in touch with an ability to hold my breath forever by stopping my own heart. Thats how I define heartbroken. (Thanks Master Blaine)

But today I will wake up and sing. Maybe only in my heart. But that counts. Forget about the judgements....breath....and there! I've done some yoga today. A little more strength to take a step forward, or backwards if you like. The only thing that counts is consciousness. That's what I practice. Im a mess, but (when allowed)  I'll sharptooth right thru anynody's bs like no tomorrow.  I hate fighting. But it's harder being right most of the time :) When I signed up I had no idea yoga had been turned into a jungle of insane personalities, one worse than the other, politically beating each other up over the rights of 250,000 people all around us, needing to do yoga like their lives depend on it. But instead they see a circus act...circus is ok. But time for real yoga!


More than the postures, and almost as important as the breath is the daily ritual. It only took me about 15 years to do find that.  Pleased to meet you...enough bloga let's do some yoga. 8pm tonight if anyone wants to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment