...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bikram Bliss

The therapy of the heat, especially when you're overweight and or out of shape, is what makes people return in droves to their Bikram practice. Compared to other yogas more suited for people who are  younger, naturally stronger and more flexible than most, Bikram has a kind of consoling, comforting safety net with the heat factor.

Although I lost 12 pounds over the past 2 weeks, I seem to have plateaued. Making a second, gigantic lasagna this week and devouring most of it myself undoubtedly a factor...
but still the privilege of having such an incredible heated space at my fingertips again is still working its magic. Everyone should have a Dayton heater in their home to experience practicing alone once in a while I daresay.

No comments:

Post a Comment