...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Priceless Knowledge from Emmy Cleaves

Ever seen a 90 year old woman doing yoga on her head?

Im rarely a brown...noseur, and I won't begin now, here with Emmy. To be honest I was maybe too distracted to appreciate her as much as I should have during my training. But there were plenty of priceless things she said that stayed with me, as if turning me into an accidental scientoist or researcher more like it...for example when she claimed to have never have had an hot flash. I fully believed her, but anytime I ran the concept by other women it was shot down. But right or wrong ego makes men and woman flaunt their lack of expertise or imagined experience out of sheer chilishness most of the time...I held firm. Believing I too would never have a hot flash. If only simply by grabbing it by its  tail and confronting it with a perfectly scientific explanation, to scare it away...because as an aging woman who never got to have children it's a bit beyond depressing to think that's the end all...never have to worry about putting all the eggs in one basket ever again, as there are no more eggs. Its official. Kaput...? Or is it?

For the past 2 weeks it seemed to have started. Perhaps they are hot flashes, but Ive npt fully bought it because Ive been noticing that everything from the oddly warm weather, the "solar flares", the synthetic non breathing clothing I too often wear..diet...depression, sweat, airflow...oh! and being close to computer devices! That was the big clue. That it what now has me paying closer attention. Discoevering I ca control my hot flashes. I think. Certainly its worth exploring. For me anyway.

Last year I shared this thought with an older excercise type, the anorexic type, who purge to maintain their "following" based on an appearance of health...westchester is full of "health" instructors lik ethis...anyway, she made a cute joke about how Emmy "simply must have forgotten she had them lol"....but really, in fact the kind of person who's health is underneath it all just a charade of a business wouldn't have the time, or probably even be capable of the kind of sensitivity required to be an observant researcher. The pay is awful, and the Galileo mindset is as strong as it's ever been....people are full of shit, we inadvertently empower the wrong people based on the most superficial of judgements....

brb

No comments:

Post a Comment