...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nor a phron or writer bee

I saw the famous scene from When Harry Met Sally in August 1989 I think. It was at a movie theatre somewhere in or around Melbourne Florida or Siesta Key. (I'd never been to the area before and didnt pay attention to directions). I was taken there, not ever hearing any hype, not one word about this movie.Barley knew who Meg Ryan was and Crystal was an SNL comedian...but suddenly something that ACTUALLY happened to be in a diner on 7th avenue just north of 14th...I think it still has a green awning last time I drove by within past 2 yrs...still there....with Dennis Quaid's cousin, therefore Meg Ryan's family.....and then there was Meg Ryan having a version of my exact conversation with another "screenwriter" named Bo....when you screw around with America's sweetheart's newly wed husband, no matter how naively, or innocently accidental.....I don't know exactly how ALL of these peopel: Melissa Gilbert, Brinkman, Meg Ryan, Gaby Hoffman, Viva (where I once met Nora Ephron when Viva asked me to take back my kitten Ying (killed while I was at Bikram Yoga Training interestingly enough almopst 20 yrs later) anyway...

I was flabbergasted when I saw the movie in FL, sitting with a dozen people (more than Id ever in my life been to a movie with...usually solo in fact...) I didnt say a word...it was too weird...how does anyone explain that etc....I simply took it inside and wondered about all the things that were happening, all the parallels...so much fun...accidentally ending up where Jonathan Demme was...now I realize the same people who took me to the movie had me in the same town as Demme...I thought it really was divine kizmet...in fact even into 2004 I was rescuing Corgi dogs in State Park land (How you doing Larry Wiseman?!) who are telling me I should come down to the dog park to run into Jonathan some morning....I just get it now the degree to which my life felt like a Truman Show in a way....But I think most of it has to be accidental...I guess because there is no money, so little cash flow, its the details of our lovely lives that seem more valuable anyway...but my point is ...I still dont know exactly how my real life incident got translated into Nora Ephron's script...but I do know Viva once screamed at me "I know your kind. You're not a giver. You're a taker!" Compare a papaya she bought me, and odd jobs she gave me...I actually learned a lot from her...but there is so much there to make me feel comfortable accusing this conspiracy to make sure I not even get credit! THATS the thing! No money is necessary with REAL CREDIT. Imagine if suddenly Meg Botoxed2def Ryan admits to where the idea came to her from....Although I have heard Reiner and other's tell different versions, (while highlighting his mother's punchline over the meat of the scene etc)...in interviews, it was an article in an independent film mag I picked up in a Bookstore in SF around december 1989 I think...I was staying with Paul Arensburg...and from his apt I wrote a hate letter to Meg. I was pushing 30 and not interested in the least with playing part of starving artist...I knew life was short and used a touch of shock to stand out to try to make sure someone paid attention...I asked her how she slept at night, being given so much credit for an idea that was not hers....I slowly put together surrounding faces and places - I still dont fully get how it happened but...thats why they never really talk specifically about the scene too much...I think I last heard Nora sound like she was claiming it which resonated as such a huge lie as I had read it a veryu reputable FILM monthly interview with her etc...back in dec 89...

This article about imbalance and demonstrating imbalance through pathetically sloppy borderline perverse use of the english language, has been brought to you by New Balance foot wear. The imbalance is the cancer. Imagine how instantaneously my life would have changed, without a penny changing hands....my BIRTHRIGHT....my idea, my true wealth....would just be allowed to flow...to reign...to be....Im not an asshole, its just a pioneering experiment...Neil Papworth removed my original post claiming to be first to send text message. He didnt allopw both of our stories to remain side by side (especially that his is sio lame and mine resonates...you can see/feel truth...) Whatever he was paid..

Oh! I knwo what I wanted to write abot...The bullied bus monitor lady....Im like her only Im the one filmming the bullies and crying about it which doesnt have the same sympathetic reaction from an audience...butthats the thing...I am noty writing for an audience...IM doing something completely different and new...as usual...just a shame...I had to spend my entire adult life without money no? No one can se ethat? Really? Historical contributions its as pathetic as zelig I guess....it is what it is...but the timiest shift...like cpr for the masses, cpr for the economy when the gifted get recognition over the thieves....I am a goddam retard...but these few jewels I claim? SO VERY FUCKING MUCH MINE....I have earned the write to be an asshole on top of the retard...and breath out the last of my murdereD, destroyed, ruined, sabotaged days

No comments:

Post a Comment