...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5K Walk for Herpes Banners and Signs of Life

Yesterday I was driving south on 9 when I saw a banner hanging off an overpass bridge that said "5K Walk For Herpes" date time stuff etc. Totally looked like a real sign but I laughed so hard I wanted to get off the next exit turn around and get a photo. I started thinking about how surprisingly bold and progressive it seemed, imagined how weird it might be, and then proceeded to forget about it. That is until today when I was again driving south on 9 and this time had my camera ready. Unfortunately it was gone! It seemed so abruptly not there anymore, considering it's a holiday weekend I wondered who would be in such a hurry to take it down? Maybe an art collector with a sense of humor...actually I didn't think that until tonight. Because later on today, I saw little signs stuck in the road that said "5K Walk for Heroes" It took a few seconds to sink in...then I realied someone must have been having a little fun...But if it wasnt someone who took the sign as a souvenir, it breaks my heart to have to imagine something much worse...like a culture full of soldiers, half of which went to war for the money and or to avoid jail time, who not only lost their sense of humor, but would have cops tryign to get fingeprints o rcheck video surveillance or god knows wht, to spend time looking for a group of pranksters who brought a smile to a lot of peoples faces probably...I think of Hawkeye in M*A*S*H and a world thats been turned into a culture that by law now requires the US to be a bunch of Frank Burns without the comedy, with governor's repeating incredibly stupid bumper sticker phrases like "Freedpom isn't Free!!" That has to be the dumbest, most full of shit, non sensical goddam thing Ive ever heard.

What are we fighting for? The right to keep playing dumb that China owns your goddam cowardly asses. Hile.

No comments:

Post a Comment