...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Schlottery

Anyone ever notice that if you buy a "quick pick" lottery ticket, in NY anyway, many if not most of the numbers are sequential? As are the winning numbers. Obviously because computerized, digitalized "randomness" isn't random at all?
I'll never forget the day in 1993 when my 6(?) numbers on a ticket where each and every single one off by one. I kept that ticket framed in my "Box of Most Precious Things" The chances of that happening seemed more impossible than hitting the numbers dead on. I was still young and naive enough to take it as a sign of hope that everything was going to be alright. I bought it at a deli in Windham NY and was so amazed I secretly believed someone had to have been playing a practical joke on me...but if they had the power to do that...I didnt need a random lottery to make my fortune....

No comments:

Post a Comment