...

Friday, May 25, 2012

Cool Compass

How do I explain this? I was so inspired by Nancy(?) Kellerman at their last residents meeting for Tappan Zee Project I drove all the way down to their meeting tonight to offer another body's support and whistle....Expecting to see a whole lot of fired up home owners who are being asked to endure psycho-sonic hell for the next 5 years from construction etc...instead it was ultra controlled with write in questions and a sound system that twanged so often it was tortuous to listen to the robotic monotone drone for about 1.5 hrs(?) Anyway......I barely had $10, no gas...I almost asked David Carlucci's assistant if he could spare $2, and not just to be a wiseass...But I didn't..Point is when I left the High School I wanted a coffee so bad even though I couldn't afford it...found myself imagining knowing one of the  the starbuckers, or making them laugh hard enough into giving me an IOU coffee or something...So thats why...the following is so crazy...
I was driving through Nyack center around 9:30ish, headed south on 9W, I couldnt remember where the Starbucks was exactly...The street was quiet so I pulled over with my flashers on to ask an old lady with an umbrella which way to go. As I followed her direction to make the left at next light I almost hit a girl who was driving without her headlights on. I motioned to her and she put down her window and I told her "Lights!" She was very sweet and thanking me,  apologized etc...we laughed about almost crashing waiting for the light...Her name is Tawny (sp?) and when I asked her if she knew how far down Starbucks was she said "Omg! I work for Sarbucks!" She called in a comp coffee for me...This is the kind of shit that happens often enough to really make me wonder...I haven't been to Nyack in I dont know how many years...

The kismet was obviously much more than simply a 3 or 4 dollar gift for me...it's the only relationship Ive ever had in my life that I can count on...It sucks being alone, but my compass is cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment