...

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cortisol Pie


The newest neighbor in the building lives below me. "A new complex global economy" slogans TRowe Price tv commercial, with a dsiclaimer as morbid as a pharmy ads side effects. It's only a matter of time before most of us start working for $10 a day, molding toxic plastic into kitchenware and electronics for the 4 billion chinese population who my neighbors have all been working for for years....someone probably held a gun to Levi's Strauss Co's head. In paris in 1984 I was offered as much as $500 for my Levi's. They were my favorite so they were kept. Only to be stolen along with everything else in my Most Precious Things Box.

Anyway...my neighbor. Yoga. He moved in about 1.5 yr ago and the first thing I did was bake an Apple Walnut Raisin pie to say "Welcome New Neighbor" for the first time in my life-I'd always wanted to do that. Didnt give a shit if he was an attractive single man (too short for me)-it was all about feeling right with the people we hear through each other's walls, like an involuntarily forced together family....one of the first things he said to me was "Can you please walk a little more lightly. The way you thud is awful"etc. I was as polite as he could be, neither of us realizing how it would take hold. I put down extra carpet, tried to walk softly etc...but a few months ago I started to realize more an dmore, to this day how much stress Ive taken in over time by taking on that responsibility for crappy building...all of the floors, and walls for that matter need replacing...but the connection between this and yoga....the stress I take on, feels somewhat reduced when IM aware he's not here, it makes me want to dance, jump up an ddown, shake...and my body goes from old and cold and arthritic, to blood flow of a 6 year old....THAT is what people do to each other....no time to edit DO NOT JUDGE!!!!!

Wendy and Lucy-did you see that movie Jane Kartsch? Imagine that girl somehow making it to Bikram Yoga training, and you calling the staff and telling them how awful and dangerous a person, filing police reports, calling all places she could possibly work to fend them off....THAT is why I pray everyday god takes you as far away fromme as possible. Knowing that your kind exists on this planet so commonly makes me cringe....but everyday my body hurts, ages more rapidly, every feeling of disease that comes over me, regulalrly I curse you for, because I know I would have been in a position to save thousands of people's lives, just like Bikram, working with him side by side in essence anyway thats the beautiful thing about yoga...nobody even has to talk but the teacher...you just have to do it, for yourself, and leave everyone else alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment